I WANT TO WORK IN A NEW CITY!
So you want to work somewhere different, huh? I’ve been there… I moved from Canada to the UK, from the UK to Singapore, and from Singapore to the US. I have also had a nagging urge to move to Zambia since I went a few years back, so watch this space ;) In all seriousness, whether you’re wanting to move back ‘home’, wherever that may be, or to a new market altogether, your job search is at least doubly hard. Resume styles are different. Employers often don’t want to consider non-local candidates. There might be work permit issues (wow do I empathize on these!). And of course interviews, networking, and salaries – all this stuff is totally different.
Together, we’ll cover:
- How to ensure your resume is going to be effective in the given market
- How to position yourself so that you’re not written off for living somewhere else or being a ‘foreigner’
- How to apply for roles when you don’t currently live in the city
- How to sell yourself and convince recruiters you’re better than any local candidates
- How to build your network in a different geography
- How to search for roles from home
As part of this package, you’ll get:
- 1 X 60 minute coaching call to identify your goals and start crafting a plan of attack regarding your job search. We’ll cover direct searching, speculative approaches, networking, and other fun stuff
- 1 X 60 minute call to review your resume and ensure it’s fit-for-purpose – SPECIFICALLY tailored for the country you’re moving to
- 1 X 60 minute call to work together on your move ‘story’. In this call, we’ll take emails and applications you’ve drafted and wordsmith them to perfection
- A written action plan detailing tailored recommendations to take forward following the conclusion of the program
- Unlimited email support over the course of the program so that you’re never on your own
Ready to get started? Contact me here.